Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm putting it down to the weather, but... Drove the missus to work today and lowered the drivers window down a little. Next thing I heard was snap and the window went into the door. Gutted, it was freezing.
I have stripped the door card down to the torx, but my torx are missing so waiting till I can get a set later.
Thought I would ask if anyone else has had this problem. The motor still works as I can hear it sounds like a runner has snapped... :madfawk:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Sounds better than the reg stopped working... Possible sheared bolt or something else doesnt seem so bad. if the problem isnt too obvious once you have the door card off then perhaps take passengers off to and have a good look.

Kojak.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
I've got and old one in my garage if you need any bits.
Window reg /motor and runners with cables.
The regs gone and 1 white plastic clip that holds the glass. But if it's anything else you can have it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guys cheers, Frizz think I might take you up on that. It sounded like plastic snapping, but cant think what would be plastic to hold the window in place. I'm going to have a look later and wedge it up if I can't solve tonight.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got and old one in my garage if you need any bits.
Window reg /motor and runners with cables.
The regs gone and 1 white plastic clip that holds the glass. But if it's anything else you can have it.
Right guys I have stripped the door card and window. The regulator is fine and motor. The problem I have found is the cog which the wire runs through has dis formed, so the wire has been running all over the place. Looks like I need x2 wires with the springs and the black plastic cog which fits on to the motor. I have found some white plastic pieces snapped, but cannot locate where they are from. Any ideas?

Really annoyed, but hey ho.

Frizz can you drop me a PM see if you have the parts?

·
Meganesport Area Rep - South West
6,404 Posts
Well its a new reg really what year is the car ?
The white clips is what attaches the glass to the slides

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well its a new reg really what year is the car ?
The white clips is what attaches the glass to the slides

I found a site that do a replacement part including the runners, plastic clips, and cog with attached wires. Thinking i am going to go for that and attach my original motor and reg to it. Can't see why it wont work.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Phone the stealers guys, on the meg phase 1 and 2 225/r26 there is a recall on them for your electric and macanical window systems, they pay 68% of the repair bill and u pay 32%, u could find second hand bits from renparts etc but there is no garentee that there gunna last and u also have the hassle of sorting it, at least with new they give u a 24 month garentee with it. Solinoids gone in mine so its booked in next week, there not just changing that mind there changing the whole unit solinoid, motor, runners, cables, etc as part of there recall plan, Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Phone the stealers guys, on the meg phase 1 and 2 225/r26 there is a recall on them for your electric and macanical window systems, they pay 68% of the repair bill and u pay 32%, u could find second hand bits from renparts etc but there is no garentee that there gunna last and u also have the hassle of sorting it, at least with new they give u a 24 month garentee with it. Solinoids gone in mine so its booked in next week, there not just changing that mind there changing the whole unit solinoid, motor, runners, cables, etc as part of there recall plan, Hope this helps :)
You mean just ring a local renault dealer?! or can any garage do it? Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last time I went to my local they said there wasn't a recall, but these days prefer to do my own work... Ebay 1 year guarantee and fair play the product seemed really well made. It is £52.00, but I had some funds in me paypal. Easy to do too.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
hey stanyer225, glad u got the know how to do that job urself, unfortunately there are lots of guys on here that dont, reguarding the LOCAL RENAULT DEALER of yours ((there full of **** im sorry)) and fobbed you off because they didnt want to do it id imagine, i can guarentee you 100% FACT there is a recall on them if your car is under 7 years old. glad urs is sorted though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mines a 2004 plate PH1. I don't use my local RENO garage anymore. They said engine mounts were fine, no issues the vibration is normal. Errrrrrr. NO...
They hesitated in answering when I asked them to check, so I know they didn't. I ended changing the top and bottom mounts resolving the problem. The regulator is so easy to do if anyone wants to tackle it. I should of took pictures, but it was so cold, dark, had a cold and had enough. Lol.

1) Take the door card completely off (think there is a how to)
2) Remove the motor from the door regulator framework.
3) Inside the motor is a black cog which runs the wires to the motor to enable the window to open and close. You take the cog out and remove all wires from the door.
4) Take the framework regulator off the door by removing the bolts, slide the regulator out and remove the window glass.
5) The replacement regulator is already built, with black cog attached.
6) Bolt the frame work to the door using the instructions supplied and attach the glass to the mechanism.
7) Attach the cog to your motor and wallah. Hopefully it should work.

Its just having the bottle and confidence. These days I can't afford to use main dealers and have to say I enjoy messing, I feel the car is not worth the service stamp anymore, so get the ELF oil myself and do full services every year, under £100.00 all in. Piece of mind I know it done right too.

The regulator link is below. Hope this helps people in the future.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-M...CarParts_SM&hash=item2a197c6464#ht_2033wt_937

1 - 19 of 19 Posts