Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers window has stopped working and its half way down at the moment lol.

Basically as I was coming off site this morning the security guy pulled me over to take my details, it was pouring down therefore my full doorcard got soaked, went to put the window up and it went part of the way then stopped and consequently got wetter driving home even though I kept drying it with the arm of my jacket!

now I know the window regulators on these cars are very prone to failure and renault uk will contribute to the cost, but I dont want to take it to the dealers for them to replace that and then find its not the reg and charge me the earth for something else like a motor!

im kinda hoping it will dry out and work later but I wouldnt be that lucky I bet!!, iv just checked the fusebox, theres a 40A fuse for the windows then also 2 x 25A fuses all are ok so its not that simple!

whats the best option? door card off? (best way to do it without breaking something?!) for a closer look/dry/clean terminals on regulator or motor?

the passenger window stopped working for a short while which indicates the problem could lie in the switch as the full door got soaked!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Door card off and check connections first.
Thats is what was wrong with mine. Reno tried to charge full price to fix too

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
All i done mate was take just the speaker cover off and get hold of the loom for windows and gave it a wiggle, theyve been working ever since.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok guys cheers, will try removing the speaker cover first!

as for the door cards any tips on the getting them off without breaking any clips etc?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
removed the speaker cover and speaker, did u just grab the loom at the bottom of the door? its the only place I can really get my hands in! still not working and the door is quite damp inside! might get a hairdryer on it see if that helps!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
If you put your hand in feel where wires are coming in door and trace with fingers to the regulator and just wiggle push pull lol mine clicked so dont know if it was just loose?

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Deffo remove your door card and dry all the water up otherwise will just cause more problems in the future. And you can have a check over everything.

There is a how to guide on here

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just finished the job, removed the door card, and regulator strangely all connections were perfectly clean/dry, mine were really well protected with some kinda of sticky plastic over the whole unit, looking at that guide a few things on mine were slightly different.

anyways since removing it all for a look and replugging back up it started working, thankfully so I could get my window up with this bad weather!

door card was a bitch to get back on slotting them 4 hooked pieces back in on the window runners so an extra pair of hands would help if anyone else is going to attept this.

my door was full of mud and bits of water, even though they had protected my regulators better than on earlier models. poor renault build!

·
Registered
873 Posts
Holy Crap
Everyone having window problems!
How very strange..........

Maybe we can have a misfire together (hope not)!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
obviously the weather! touch wood mines fixed! i think il be leaving it up for a while now incase dont want to be forced to fix it in this weather again!!

·
Registered
873 Posts
obviously the weather! touch wood mines fixed! i think il be leaving it up for a while now incase dont want to be forced to fix it in this weather again!!
i'm getting dealer to do both sides including wiring only £80 each to pay m8!
Although bad time of year tho.....

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm getting dealer to do both sides including wiring only £80 each to pay m8!
Although bad time of year tho.....
If they will do them for that then its probably worth it but my local dealers are not to be trusted at all.

I took my time and found it was quite difficult to remove the controls around the leather with it being thicker/padded, the door pocket was tight as hell real struggle even when the grommit and inside clips were popped!

·
Registered
873 Posts
If they will do them for that then its probably worth it but my local dealers are not to be trusted at all.
Picked up the meg yesterday.
The Bill was £700 in total.
Regs £221+Vat x 2
Looms £34+Vat x 2
All i paid 25% but their did say this might be going up!

·
Registered
477 Posts
This is defo my problem as well. Window wouldn't go up last night.

Dd what budgiestongue did and wiggled it and it went up which is my main thing. So full door card off job on Xmas day lol. Golfs more important today

1 - 17 of 17 Posts