Megane Sport Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys done abit of searching but only really found no on ph1

On my R26 what would need to be done if I was to get hold of a set of xenons and headlights? Would there be any other wiring involved?

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Oh yes! I looked into this and phoned both RUK and local renault dealer about it. Expected cost to change was something like £2k.

There was an absurd amount of stuff:
Headlights
Bulbs
Ballasts (i.e. all the usual stuff)
Wiring loom has to be changed / spliced
Possible change / addition to the suspension (I think dampers) to include the height sensors for the auto-levelling
Might have been a new UPC / new code in it
New code in the ECU.

not a lot then! If you really want to do I think about the only way would be to buy parts from a written off R26 with xenons.

Alternatively you could fit an aftermarket HID kit to the xenon light clusters which should be about 90% of OEM functionality but has a good chance of not passing an MOT from Jan. I decided it wasn't worth it and stuck some brighter halogen bulbs in.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've got a feeling the previous owner fitted some xenons and removed them as I have got cables coilied up in my engine bay whichim unsure were they go so I'm gonna get my multimeter on and try and see what they are for

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thats a crazy amount.

A fella over at meganownersclub did it for a couple of 100 sheets.

All be it to a phase one standard meggy, but it was a factory job.

Ill see if I can look out the post.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Think I'm just gonna have to stick to my halogens. Is there a way of just getting the black headlight units without the ballasts??

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Think I'm just gonna have to stick to my halogens. Is there a way of just getting the black headlight units without the ballasts??
Yea the black head light surrounds were standard on the ph2 privilage models meganes.

There are plenty about from wrecked cars.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
The R26.R ones are black and meant for halogens.

Also Paddy would be interested in the change to xenons info if you have it. I wasn't too keen for £2k...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Weres best looking I can't find any on eBay. How much am I expecting to pay?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts