Megane Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would these be ok for uk roads? seem to get a good write up in a few other forums, just a bit concerned what they will be like in the wet.Car wont be used if its snowing so that isn't an issue, anyone used these tyres?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
I have these although there off the car at the moment. I have been very impressed mate, dry grip is very very high and they are very manageable in the wet, I don't tend to drive like a loon when it's wet so can't comment but normal driving is fine.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
ive got these as my road tyres, done 3 track days on them too, wear is pritty good to be honest, dont grip as well as a 888 but still very good, they get a warm after a good few laps and losse a little grip and the surfice peels quiet alot, you would think that would eat the tyre but the last well, more than enough grip on the road in both wet and dry but watch for puddles, not as bad as a 888 but not as good as other road tyres, dont like the cold or frost either but as long as you steady. never used them in the snow tho. i drive hard on the road but not to many miles but seem to last well. they look wide even tho on my 225 their the 235 the look wider. id get them again, good all rounder.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
I am thinking to get rid of the CS5+ (once they will be wear off) and want to go for those (instead of the CS5+ or PS2)

good choice or not ?

will be used as a daily tires

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have these on my 250 at the moment, Good tyres and arnt dangerous in the wet. Do need a bit of heat in them though but once they do they are fantastic, :ast trackday i did was wet/damp and once i had some heat in them they still gave more grip than road tyres i had used previously.

They wear well too

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
I am just little bit afraid about wet , as i am using the car daily for about 2.000 miles a month , don't want to drive like old man once will be raining ...

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
They still give plenty grip in the wet, I am running wider 245's as well and they still give a load of grip, just watch out for puddles.

TBH for that milage i would not be looking at the Yokos as they dont wear that well being a semi slick. Personally i would be going for PilotSuperSports, Very very similar in dry grip levels but a LOT better in the wet and last longer.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
great thx for advices :)

me 3 mates are runing them also (but on their weeknd cars mostly - Tuned CTR FN2, EVO 9, WRX STi) and i was really shocked when they did some drifting when was white smoke everywhere and after that the tyres were looking like nothing happend...

also can get the AD08 for something around 200 eur/corner and the PilotSuperSports (which i was also looking for) about WOOOOW just googled them and they are 235 EUR a cornere, maybe i will be going for those instead as they were about 300 eur last year :)

great to know that they are better on wet as also they last longer, thx again :)

EDIT: ah i just find , i swapped the PilotSuperSports for Michelin SPORT CUP, I will be just afraid to run the 245 as cops over here can grab my papers from car once they find I am running the "wrong" size... hope they will manage 235 too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts